WHITE WATER RAFTING
Rafting Deepest Canyon in the World-Colca River Rafting
Start the driving to Colca Canyon. We drive through the driest desert in the world, Atacama, and pass through beautiful countryside. You'll eat dinner in the Huambo town - 6 hours from Arequipa . Camp at a developed campsite in the HUAMBO valley.
The mules get loaded with our personal gear and then we start our 10 hour hiking around the Huambo canyon tributary into the Colca canyon. We follow ancient trails and then descend to the start of our river journey.
This hike is one of the highlights of the trip. The views from the trail are dramatic and the trail is an engineering wonder. Our hike ends in Hacienda Canco.
Day 3 through Day 6
After breakfast we hike to The Juan Pablo II falls, crossing the river in a full adrenaline andarivel, (iron cable) after this we return to our camp, check out our equipment and start our descending with many rocky rapids (class 3, 4), after 3 hours rafting we reach the confluence of the Mamacocha River where the volume of the Colca River doubles. Here we camp, whit an incredible view of both canyons.
The next 3 days will be spent rafting through the Colca canyon. This canyon is twice as deep as the Grand Canyon and, according to the Polish expedition 1981; it is the deepest canyon in the world.
Aside from the geology formations, you'll enjoy more than 100 miles of continuous class 4 whitewater, estimated 1500 CFS. The river flows 221 miles, from 12,000 feet up in the Andes to the Pacific Ocean . You will encounter six class 5 rapids and a few rapids that we may have to line the boats around.
Each night we will camp on the beaches.
The Majes Valley breeze becomes prevalent and we know our take-out is getting close. We reach the vans, load up, and drive to the nearest big town of Aplao and have a nice sit down meal at a restaurant and then we visit the Toro Muerto Petrogliphs for one hour and then we
drive another 2 hours back to Arequipa or to Nasca depending on your programe.
This tour includes:
- Pre-trip information
- Private Transportation Arequipa/Huambo - Majes/Arequipa
- All meals and excellent diet during the expedition
- All professional rafting equipment (dry bags, and class V river gear)
- High quality rafting equipment and self bailing rafts
- Complete Cooking equipment.
- One Safety Kayak each clients boat at list.
- All basic camping and cooking gear and dishes
- Safety and professional river procedure
- Best Peruvians river guides (Swift water rescue and wilderness first responder courses)
- Professional First aid kit
- Satellite Phone and rescue procedure
- Best local muleteers and trekking guides in Huambo-Colca area.
- Environmental care
- This price doesnt include:
- Hotels or meals in the cities no mentioned in the program.
- Tips and extra spends or services no described
- Water bottles
- Extra drinks at the Villages
- Sleeping Bag and mattress
TAYLOR MADE TRIPS
COLCA TREK has not only these basic choices, if you like to be out of the normal trail, just let us know we can send you our secret trails, or we are ready to made with you the trip in the way, that you order to do, if it's there any special activity you would like to do, just let me know so that immediately we can send you more details , maybe you need information about rafting, mountain biking or city biking, that we can combine to make the best tour for you, please just ask to email@example.com for a inmediately anwer of our guide Vlado Soto. thanks.